Cultural Project Grants
Overview: Cultural Project Grants increase access to arts, science, history and heritage offerings and strengthen the quality of cultural programming in neighborhoods and towns throughout Mecklenburg County. Click here to view the full program guidelines and frequently asked questions.
Eligibility: Please consider applying if your project meets the following criteria:
- The project is an arts, science, history or heritage project that takes place in Mecklenburg County.
- The project is occurring between July 1, 2014 and June 15, 2015. Please note deadline specific eligible project dates.
- At the time of application, applicant organization is a Mecklenburg County-based, non-profit, tax-exempt organization that is in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). (Individuals and groups that do not have tax-exempt status may apply through a fiscal sponsor organization – see FAQs.)
- Religious Organizations and Institutions of Higher Education may apply provided the project reaches the broader community and does not contain religious content.
- Organizations that apply for either ASC Operating Support are not eligible to apply for Cultural Project Grants. However, these organizations may serve as a partner or fiscal sponsor.
- Projects that are religious in nature or specifically serve only church membership or faculty/student body are not eligible.
- Projects that qualify for support under the Cultural Festival Grant program are not eligible.
- Projects that involve work with K-12 children during the school day are not eligible to apply.
- Projects that will apply to or have received funding through the ASC Education Program are not eligible.
- Organizations that have delinquent paperwork for a previously-funded ASC grant are not eligible to apply.
- ASC will not consider multiple requests for the same project OR from the same organization (with the exception of large 501(c)(3) organizations with multiple locations such as a library system, YMCA, or College/University). Please contact the Grants Office at (704) 335-3050 to discuss eligibility of multiple requests.
Maximum Grant Amount: $10,000 annually, maximum request of $5,000 at each of two (2) deadlines. All requests must be matched dollar-for-dollar.
How to Apply:
For projects beginning any date between July 1 and December 31, 2014 and ending no later than June 15, 2015:
- This deadline has passed and requests for funding are no longer being accepted.
For projects beginning any date on or after January 1, 2015 and ending no later than June 15, 2015:
- Letter of Intent Deadline: Friday, September 5, 2014 at Noon. All applicants must submit a Letter of Intent by the published deadline in order to be eligible to submit a Full Application. Click here to access the Letter of Intent form. Please note that Letters of Intent submitted after the published deadline cannot be accepted.
- Conversation with ASC Program Staff: The week of September 8, 2014. An ASC Program Director will contact you to arrange a brief conversation or meeting to discuss your Letter of Intent. Pending eligibility, you will receive the website and password to access the Full Application. You will be asked to submit your availability for this conversation in the Letter of Intent. This 30-minute conversation can be scheduled either by phone or in person.
- Full Application Deadline: Friday, October 10, 2014 at Noon. All applicants are required to apply through our online application system. You will be given access to the online Full Application after review of your Letter of Intent by an ASC Program Director. Unfortunately, applications received after this day and time cannot be accepted.
- Award Notification: By December 1, 2014.
Click here to access the online system. All paperwork requirements are listed on the attachments page.
Click here to download ASC Policies Referenced in Grant Contract.
Click here to access Arts & Science Council Marketing & Communication Guidelines.
Click here to access the In-kind Partnership Agreement form.