Our Commitment to Privacy
The Arts & Science Council (ASC), a nonprofit, respects and protects your privacy. ASC will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to other individuals or companies. The information you provide is for ASC’s private use only, and is collected as a means of properly crediting and acknowledging your donation, with your permission, and communicating with you more effectively. As a matter of policy, we will never sell or share any of your personal information to any other organization.
Our Commitment to Security
We have instituted procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. These safeguards include encryption, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL). We treat data as an asset that must be protected at all costs. We employ many different security techniques to protect against loss and unauthorized access.
As an added layer of data security, companies who conduct their ASC campaign via our E-Pledging system, often request us to sign Confidentiality Agreements.
Sharing your information
ASC will not share your information with third parties except:
1. As required by law
2. As necessary to protect the organization’s interest
3. With service provides acting on behalf of our organization who agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data.
Service Providers for Our Operations
We use third-party vendors to facilitate the following:
1. The processing of donations made via credit card through www.ArtsAndScience.org and our E-Pledging web site. This third-party vendor complies with all security commerce guidelines and regulations to ensure the integrity and security of your information. We do not retain or store credit card information required to complete the transaction.
2. The fulfillment and mailing (including e-mailing) of our Annual Report, Connect with Culture cards, CulturePicks! and ASC’s Newsletters.
3. The hosting, development and maintenance of ASC’s corporate web site and E-Pledging web site.
ASC will never authorize our vendors to sell or share your personal information.
ASC’s web site automatically records information about your visit in server logs, including your IP address, your browser and platform type, and the pages you visit. This information is not personally identifiable. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. Rather, this information is aggregated and used in analyzing traffic to our site, or to a specific page on our site. Occasionally, we may share statistical data from our visitors. For example, we may communicate that 25,000 people visited our web site during the campaign.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this web page.
Arts & Science Council
227 W. Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202